Adventures of Scooter Girl

Midlife crisis spurred my best purchase ever: My 2004 Vespa ET4, 150 ccs of fun.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

So low-tech

You know, technology would be a wonderful thing if only I could master it. I decided that it's time to stop scratching out entries in my address book, so I got the software from Franklin Covey to input my address book and print it out -- keen, huh? Except I can't figure out how to get my addresses from Outlook Express into the Franklin Covey program. I can always just type each thing directly into a form and then print it out, which realistically, is all I need. But grrr all the same.

I'm taking a break this weekend from the worst of the Katrina news, after a week of saturation of the world's most terrible story. Well, maybe not the WORLD's, but certainly those three states. Heartbreaking and horrifying. The governmental response to this, especially on a federal level: unconscionable.

Tomorrow I will either bypass the Outlook Express database or give up on the whole thng and spent part of the day revamping C's room from teen bedroom to my own space. The trick is to not have it look like I've taken over her room. Shouldn't actually be that bad, since I like the basic decor in there and can just box up the teen posters and so forth. I may wait on the new desk thought for a few more weeks. Not essential; there is a working surface in there that, especially if I took all the kid stuff off, would be fine. I do need an actual chair in there.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Actual chairs are good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home