Adventures of Scooter Girl

Midlife crisis spurred my best purchase ever: My 2004 Vespa ET4, 150 ccs of fun.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A very merry Dec. 7

OOps, a day that will live in infamy.

Not so much in my life. Why is it that any attempt at a good deed is a huge complicating thing? I made double-dinner last night to take a meal to the Bayleses this morning, which is all well and good ... except that I did not have two heads of broccoli, so this morning I am cleaning and snapping a pound of green beans to add to the menu of gingered chicken breasts over peaches and red onions (it was quite good). Plus rice. And homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. So you would not think it would really take all that long to assemble this, as the main dish was made last night. But it takes 15 minutes to snap a pound of green beans. And five minutes to load it all into a carton. And 15 minutes to stop at the house to drop it off. But I got to see the boys ... they are just so danged CUTE. Jack, aka Lars, was awake, parked in his Boppie, looking all around, while Nate, aka Peanut, was snoozing. They are so perfect. Little round heads like Charlie Brown. SO cute. I should knit up some little hats to go with their sweaters, quick before they outgrow them. When Tom and Lauren brought them in last week, they were wearing their little sweaters. I was so proud.

So last night while I was baking cookies, I was also watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas," which I love. What a fun thing to watch. Ordered some stocking-stuffers. The Internet is great. Went to bed around 9:30, since for some dumb reason I woke up at 3:30 a.m. the previous morning. Oh, that's right. Dumb dog barking at the lightning. Not even thunder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home