Adventures of Scooter Girl

Midlife crisis spurred my best purchase ever: My 2004 Vespa ET4, 150 ccs of fun.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Today I am FIFTY

Unbelievable.

I have avoided thus far all decoration of my desk with black crepe paper, balloons and tombstones. Thank god. I did score a very yummy Snickers cake courtesy my co-workers, and a funny card.

I also thus far have avoided any gifts, except for Grandma's annual check which arrived yesterday. Steve says his gift is my plane ticket to the party in Tucson. Guess those diamond earrings will be on me. Which is fine. Turning 50 means giving myself what I deserve! Prolly they will not be real diamonds. I will check out the lab-made ones, but if I can't find them in white, will look at other alternatives. Half-carat sparklers on the ears. White gold setting. If a pair does not turn up in a little box

I don't much feel 50. Well, right now I do because it's almost 5 o'clock and I was at a show ("Wicked") in Tampa until midnight last night. So I'm tired. And get to go straight from work to St. Boniface vestry meeting. Woo-HOO!

Mark, the nice guy who works the front desk at the Y, said "WOW!" to me as I left the locker room this morning. No, I was not naked. I was wearing long jeans, high-heeled boots and a sweater over a brown lace-trimmed cami. I thought I looked pretty cute, too!

Anyway, serious party is not until Jan. 28 in Tucson. I expect family only. None of my friends, sadly. Kim has moved to Hawaii. Cece has not been heard from in two years. Melissa... maybe.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mrs. Cooper said...

I've seen recent pictures ... and let's just say, damn I hope I look like you when I'm 50. Except for that whole Asian skin thing ... nothing I can do about that I suppose ... :-)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Scooter Girl said...

You are too kind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home