Adventures of Scooter Girl

Midlife crisis spurred my best purchase ever: My 2004 Vespa ET4, 150 ccs of fun.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy birthday, America, plus 1 day

We had a nice Fourth of July. I think this was the first year since we left Wichita that we have hosted a 4th party; it's really way way way way too hot here since the lanai and pool are on the west side of the house. Still, we went ahead yesterday and ended up with about 15 people -- the Frys, Vince and Betsie, C's friend Andrew and his mom, Mary and Bonnie and the neighbors Steve, Laurie and Amber, and Amber's friend Tawny. (Really, people should not be named that.) Burgers and hot dogs on the grill, black beans, a very interesting cole slaw with red cabbage, apples, cranberries and walnuts (!). Key lime pie. Yum. It was fun although too hot to be outside. Christina overcompensated trying to make new girl on the block Amber feel welcome -- she was actually 14 with a vengeance, sullen and really outright rude. Christina worked pretty hard to convice her that Booker will be a good experience for her but mostly she wants to head back north. Ah well. I would not be 14 again for all the money in the world.
Still, it was a better day overall than the weekend, when I was seriously low. I'm bummed that Kim is not coming back from Hawaii, not going to Winfield. Wah. Bummed that I am the worst financial manaager in the world. Bummed that I have to borrow huge sums of money to finance the rest of C's tuition.
Today was better tho; while shuffling papers before the party I stuck a bunch of ignored things in my bag to attend to today, including reimbursement for trips to Dr. Pro, various insurance things I've let slide etc etc. AND the whole pile is gone from the desk, altho not actually filed... most of it is filed. Also have started on a small pile of discards from the closet. I can't believe I have so many clothes and "mothing to wear." Right now it's mostly "nothing that fits." Boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home